At C&K Glebe Road Community Kindergarten you will see:
• personalised, sensitive and relaxed interactions between children and educators
• supportive environments that allow children to make mistakes without fear of failure
• that your child is safe, nurtured and cared for, valued and treated with dignity
• warm, nurturing and sustained relationships between adults and children
• adults who encourage children to think about possibilities by modelling curiosity and wonder.
At C&K Glebe Rd Kindergarten we welcome children and their families into our natural and inspiring environment where learning is play based, collaborative and inclusive.
We recognised families as their child’s first and most influential teachers and encourage families to share their culture with us. Our child-centred program reflects the needs, interests and experiences of individual children making them feel safe, nurtured and cared for.
We believe young children learn through their own experiences as they play, explore and interact with their environment and with other people. We support children to have a voice in their learning and encourage them to be motivated thinkers, theorisers, active citizens and powerful learners, who can make informed choices and learn through doing.
Our program is influenced by the principles, practices and learning outcomes of C&K’s ‘Curriculum Approach – Listening and Learning Together’, the Queensland Government’s ‘Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline’ and the Federal Government’s ‘Early Years Learning Framework’. These guidelines support best practice as educators observe, analyse, document, plan, implement and reflect.
Our educators work in collaboration with children, families, the environment and the community to create a responsive environment that is rich in learning experiences. These experiences create a firm foundation for the development of the whole child; socially, emotionally, physically & cognitively.
At Glebe Rd we encourage children to develop:
• a thirst for knowledge and a love of learning with a desire to be an active participant in learning experiences;
• an understanding of how to keep themselves and others healthy and safe;
• a desire to engage in physical experiences, refining and developing gross and fine motor skills;
• a respect for the natural and built environment, embedding sustainable environmentally friendly practices;
• creativity, divergent thinking, listening and concentration skills as they engage in art, science, music, early literacy and numeracy experiences;
• a sense of being, belonging and becoming all one can be;
• an awareness and respect for peers and adults, embracing diversity and contributing as a member of the group.
At Glebe Road strive to provide a challenging, stimulating and safe learning environment, which fosters respect, trust, honesty, integrity, compassion, risk taking, courage, independence, self-confidence and resilience; qualities necessary for success now and in the future. Our educators work with and alongside children, families and community to form a learning environment that supports the best outcomes for children. We encourage collaboration with families in making decisions about our Kindergarten. Educators work in partnership with families, support personnel and local community to foster a smooth transition from home to kindergarten and from kindergarten to Prep.
We recognise and facilitate the value of close, positive communication between educators, parents, and the local community.
As a Centre, we promote the importance of high-quality early childhood education in our community. We value our Kindergarten’s contribution and rich history in supporting children and families in the past, present and into the future. We respectfully acknowledge the Jagera, Yuggera and Ugarapul people as the traditional owners of the land on which our Kindergarten stands and acknowledge the role we play as custodians of this land. We promote children’s understanding and respect of our First Nation’s People and their connection to the land, sea and sky.
Our educators consider themselves to be life-long learners and research partners with and alongside the children. We strive to develop our knowledge base by engaging in meaningful Professional Development and are committed to a collaborative approach to critical reflection.
At Glebe Road C&K Kindergarten children and families are welcomed into a warm caring and friendly atmosphere. It is a place where respectful and responsive relationships are fostered.