You have come through to this page from a website or app which is published by KindiCare Pty Limited (ACN 643 322 696) of PO Box 159, Castle Hill, NSW 1765 (KindiCare) or one of its subsidiaries or Related Bodies Corporate.
This Policy explains how we collect, use, hold and disclose your Personal Information. We obtain this from you through our website, app, any social media page we maintain, and when you reach out to us directly such as by email. We have also supplied additional information about our company.
About us and how to contact us
You can contact our Privacy Officer at:
KindiCare Pty Limited
PO Box 159
Castle Hill NSW 1765
Email: [email protected]
Our Privacy Collection Statement
Under the Privacy Act, we are required to make you aware of certain matters. This Policy incorporates our Privacy Collection Statement, as it addresses all these matters:
- our identity and contact details;
- the facts and circumstances, and the purposes, of collection of Personal Information;
- the consequences for you if Personal Information is not collected;
- other entities, bodies or persons to which Personal Information is usually disclosed;
- information about access and correction of, and how you may complain about the way we handle, your Personal Information; and
- likely cross-border disclosures of Personal Information.
What is Personal Information
You may need to provide Personal Information about other individuals to us, for example, Personal Information about joint applicants or other parents or guardians, and your child or children. If so, you must ensure that you are authorised by the relevant individual to disclose their Personal Information to use for the purpose for which that Personal Information is provided. We rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their Personal Information to us, to ensure they consent to their information being provided to us, and to advise them of this Policy and that we can be contacted for further information (see “how to contact us”).
What Personal Information do we collect and hold
We may collect and hold a range of Personal Information from or about you, where the information is reasonably necessary for our business purpose, including providing the KindiCare Platform to you;
- first and last name;
- current or previous business and/or residential address or location including address, state, postcode, city or suburb, country, geocode;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- age and/or date of birth;
- government identification numbers, including Centrelink customer reference numbers;
- household income, salary or other income data;
- child first and last name;
- child age and/or birth date or due date;
- child medical information and special needs;
- information about your interactions with us;
- information about the services which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those services or to respond to your enquiries;
- information about your use of the KindiCare Platform, including the dates on which and the times at which you use the KindiCare Platform and the duration of such use;
- information relating to you that you provide to us directly through the KindiCare Platform or social media page that we maintain, or indirectly through use of the KindiCare Platform or online presence through our representatives or otherwise; and/or
- other Personal Information we may require from time to time to manage your relationship with us or any other information that you provide to us or authorise us to collect in connection with a specific service offered on the KindiCare Platform.
Cookies and Usage Data
When you visit our website or use our app, we may also collect information about your use of those websites or apps (Usage Data) through the use of a technology known as “cookies” and other tracking software.
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol Address (I.P Address), mobile device unique identifiers, other unique device identifiers, browser software version and type, the pages and/or functions within the KindiCare Platform that you visit and/or access, the date and time of your visit and/or access, the time you spend on those pages and/or functions and other diagnostic data to support your usage and our operation of the KindiCare Platform.
This Usage Data enables us to provide you with an improved and more effective and personalised service, keep track of the services you use, analyse trends, measure transaction and search patterns, administer our platform and websites, diagnose problems, test and improve the quality of our services, gather broad demographic information and enable us to conduct targeted online advertising and aggregate data to produce analytics and insights that support our users and customers use of the KindiCare Platform.
We may capture, store and use information about your location if you give us permission to do so (Location Data). We use Location Data to support and provide features on the KindiCare Platform to ensure a contextually relevant experience for users including when undertaking searches for childcare services as well as undertaking research, analytics and/or benchmarking.
You can enable or disable location services when you use the KindiCare Platform at any time by way of your device settings.
We may use third party services to monitor and analyse the use of the KindiCare Platform. This may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Google Analytics (https://analytics.google.com/)
- Firebase (https://firebase.google.com)
- AppsFlyer (https://www.appsflyer.com)
In using the KindiCare Platform you understand that these third-party services are collecting information about your usage of the KindiCare Platform. For more information on what type of information is collected, please visit the relevant website of the third party service provider.
How we collect Personal Information
Generally we collect your Personal Information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so. We do this in ways including:
- when you engage with us to use our services, features and functions on the KindiCare Platform;
- create or register as a member or user;
- when you log in to use our App or website via your social networking site account;
- when you contact or request information from us including via our websites, apps, online forms, surveys and emails;
- posting or contributing material or content on the KindiCare platform such as Reviews;
- through your conversations with our staff and our representatives;
- when you make an enquiry, request to book a visit or tour or make an application for childcare; and/or
- when you write to us including via hard copy forms.
We may also collect Personal Information from third parties including:
- from your joint applicants or other parent or guardian of your child;
- our service providers;
- third party companies or agencies, such as childcare providers, other referral partners (such as those who refer your business to us) or government entities;
- from the organisations and entities identified under the “How we disclose your Personal Information” section below, including our Related Bodies Corporate;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- contractors and business partners;
- through someone else who has provided us with your information; and/or
- when legally required to do so.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information
We collect, hold, use and disclose any of your Personal Information that we collect and hold for the following purposes:
- to provide services to you and deliver a targeted and best possible quality of customer experience on the KindiCare Platform (such as by gaining an understanding of your needs);
- to provide you with a more targeted experience and match your requirements and provide your details to relevant service providers to meet your needs;
- to provide you with news, information or advice about our existing and new services, including for marketing (see the “Marketing” section below);
- to communicate with you, including but not limited to, by email, mail, SMS or telephone;
- to manage and enhance our products and services (such as for research and development);
- to personalise and customise your experience on the KindiCare Platform, including for services and offers provided by third parties via the KindiCare Platform;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our websites;
- to verify your identity;
- to assist you to gain approval or provision of a service, including to assess applications for your suitability of our services and those of our Customers;
- to provide as part of statistics, insights or business data to third parties or to use internally in our business;
- to conduct business processing functions for operation of our website, our app or our business;
- to validate, update and/or enhance our databases, including connecting other relevant available data sources that may be available from time to time, including those of our related entities or Related Bodies Corporate;
- to manage our business relationship with you;
- for our administrative, promotional, planning, service development, quality control and research purposes, or those of our contractors, external service providers or business partners;
- to provide your updated Personal Information to us, our contractors, external service providers or business partners;
- to investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and/or
- for any other purpose you have consented to or as otherwise required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
You authorise us to disclose Personal Information, including your name, address and/or location, date of birth, income and contact details to any of our Related Bodies Corporate as well as our Business Partners and other third parties for the purposes set out above.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information to send you marketing communications that you may find of interest about our services as well as informative articles, promotions, offers, information about changes to our business as well as information on products or services being offered by third parties including Childcare Providers, our Business Partners and Advertisers.
By providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to us using your information to contact you on an ongoing basis for these purposes. We may do this through mail, phone, SMS, social media, email, app notifications and advertising through our app, website or third party websites.
You can contact us at any time to opt-out from receiving direct marketing communications from us by contacting us directly (see “how to contact us”), by following the unsubscribe instructions in the relevant communication or by updating your personal details on your account profile. We do not provide your Personal Information to other organisations for the purpose of direct marketing unless expressly authorised by you.
Please note that unsubscribing does not stop in-app notifications about Enquiries, Visits and Tours or Applications that are essential to fulfilling any of these types of requests which were made via the KindiCare Platform.
What happens if we can’t collect your Personal Information
- we may not be able to provide you with the services you requested, either to the same standard, or at all (for example, if you do not register as a member of a website, you will not be able to access features or services that are reserved for members only);
- we may not be able to continue our business relationship with you;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about services that you may want, including information about availability in child care centres or other relevant information; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of the KindiCare Platform to your preferences and your experience of the KindiCare Platform may not be as enjoyable or useful.
How we disclose your Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to any of our Related Bodies Corporate and a number of third parties in the course of operating our business and for one or more of the above purposes or related purposes. These parties include:
- Childcare Providers – if you make an Enquiry, request a Visit or Tour or make an Application for childcare services;
- your joint applicants or parent or guardian of your child;
- our employees or Related Bodies Corporate to the extent that is reasonably necessary to provide access to and operation of the KindiCare Platform to fulfill the services we provide to you and our Customers;
- our external service providers including without limitation web hosting providers, advertisers, stationary printing houses, storage facilities, IT systems administrators, email distribution services, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators and professional advisers such as accountants, solicitors, auditors, business advisors and consultants and any other service providers we deem necessary who need to have access to your Personal Information to provide their services to us;
- our existing or potential Business Partners and Advertisers that provide products or services used or marketed by us from time to time in addition to the services of Childcare Providers.
- our existing or potential Business Partners and Advertisers that provide products or services that may be relevant to you;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us;
- the police, any relevant government authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary;
- as otherwise required or permitted by law (including the Privacy Act).
Accessing and correcting your Personal Information
You may request access to any Personal Information we hold about you by contacting us (see “how to contact us”). We will respond to your request within a reasonable period. We will give access in the manner you have requested if it is reasonable to do so. We will not charge for simply making a request and will not charge for making any corrections to your Personal Information. However, depending on the nature and scope of the Personal Information you have requested, we may charge you a reasonable fee to provide access to this information.
If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. There may be instances where, for legal reasons, we cannot grant you access to the Personal Information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others, or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal and information on how you can complain about the refusal.
We take reasonable precautions to ensure that the Personal Information we collect, hold, use and disclose is correct, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you or others provided to us. If you believe that Personal Information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the Personal Information stating that you disagree with it. We will also give you written reasons for any refusal and information on how you can complain about the refusal.
Members of our website or app will generally be able to access and update their details online. We request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our service to you.
Disclosure of Personal Information outside Australia
We may disclose your Personal Information to entities located overseas for some or all of the purposes listed above. This may include disclosure to the following entities:
- our Related Bodies Corporate;
- our Business Partners;
- our service providers, IT systems administrators, email distribution services, data entry service providers or electronic network administrators; and
- other external service providers.
Personal Information that we collect is either held by us or on our behalf. Some or all of the Personal Information we hold may be stored or hosted in “the cloud” on databases, servers and data centres on our behalf which may be located in Australia and overseas in the North America, Europe or Asia.
We transfer data outside of Australia to our service providers, including outsourced data processors with data centres in Australia and overseas, in order to obtain secure storage, back-up and data retrieval services to support the operation of the KindiCare platform and the services accessible to you on the KindiCare Platform.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your Personal Information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your Personal Information. These overseas recipients may be required to disclose information we disclose to them under a foreign law. In those instances, we will not be responsible for that disclosure.
You may use our website or app without providing any Personal Information about you. In this case, we will collect metadata that results from your usage of our website including: browser type and version, operating system and interface, website from which you are visiting us (referrer URL), webpage(s) you are visiting on our website, date and time of accessing our website, and internet protocol address. The metadata will be primarily used to improve the quality and services of our website and services by analysing the usage behaviour of our users in anonymised form and to prevent fraud, misuse of our IT systems, as well as to ensure physical, IT and network security. We may also use metadata for other purposes, including online advertising, as well as undertaking research, analytics and/or benchmarking, by us, our Related Bodies Corporate or Business Partners.
Your Personal Information will only be retained for as long as it is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required for a legal, accounting or reporting purpose.
Storage and Security
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including by means of firewalls, password access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions.
If you suspect any misuse, interference or loss of, or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of your Personal Information, please let us know immediately.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
Complaints and further information
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
KindiCare Pty Limited
PO Box 159
Castle Hill NSW 1765
Email: [email protected]
We have a process for investigating and dealing with privacy breaches. Once the Privacy Officer receives a complaint, the Privacy Officer will commence an investigation with the relevant business unit from which the alleged breach stemmed. The investigator will endeavour to determine the nature of the breach and how it occurred. We may contact you during the process to seek further clarification if necessary. If a breach is found, the Privacy Officer will work with senior management so that the process can be rectified to prevent any further breaches from taking place. We will also contact you to inform you of the outcome of the investigation. We will endeavour to resolve all investigations within a reasonable time.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representatives may contact you after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint or if you feel your privacy has been breached, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). The OAIC can be contacted at either www.oaic.gov.au or by calling 1300 363 992.